Have you entered to win a dozen treats from Keep it Sweet Desserts? If not, hop on over and ENTER! I hope we can share a little joy with this sweet giveaway. Closed.
What happened in Boston on Monday was absolutely heartbreaking. My prayers go out to all those victims and their families, especially for the parents of the little boy who lost his life. I could not even imagine how that feels. I would lose myself if I ever lost one of my kids..I don’t even like typing those words or thinking about it, its so sad. I get really scared sometimes when I think about what kind of world this can be that my kids are growing up in. I just want to hold them close and tight forever and never let go. Give your family an extra hug tonight
These Thai Beef Cabbage Cups are absolutely incredible! When I read the ingredients in this sauce, my mouth was watering and I had to include it into something. We were NOT disappointed! The beef cups were SO full of flavor and texture, we inhaled them. You know when you eat to fast so you still feel like your starving because your stomach and brain haven’t caught up with each other yet? Yahhh…that happened.
The cabbage was super crunchy, so it pared up perfectly with the soft, juicy, beef and sauce. It held together well, and there was such an explosion of flavor in every bite! You must try these, and you cannot leave off that sauce! (Such a bossy pants, I know)
Wonderful Thai flavors wrapped up in crispy cabbage cups!
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 6-8 cabbage leaves
For the Sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons melted peanut butter
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground or freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Heat up the sesame oil in a medium sized skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion, and saute for about 3-4 minutes
- Add the ground beef and cook through. Drain any excess liquid and return to stove.
- Reduce heat to low and Add the chili sauce, crushed red pepper, ground ginger, honey, lime juice, and brown rice. Toss to thoroughly mix. Remain on low.
- To make the sauce, in a bowl, whisk together the sweet chili sauce, rice vinegar, coconut milk, honey, melted peanut butter, lime juice, ginger, and soy sauce. Set Aside.
- Heat a large pot until boiling. Add the cabbage leaves 2-3 at a time for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and fully submerge in iced cold water. Pat Dry.
- Spoon in the beef mix and drizzle with some sauce. Enjoy!
This delicious recipe brought to you by Fabtastic Eats!
Sauce from How Sweet It Is