My favorite candy? Reese’s Cups. We like them frozen..they’re the best. So for Christmas, our stockings were full of lots of candy and Reese’s! You won’t hear me complaining. Remember those commercials that used to play all the time saying, “How (insert name) eats a Reese’s”? I miss them..they always grabbed my attention..unlike 99% of commercials..Ive said it before, but I HATE commercials, which is why I DVR everything. But I digress.
How Alaina eats a Reese’s..Frozen..take one normal bite involving both the ridged edges and some peanut butter, then nip off the edges, and finally, demolish the center. It’s very technical people. Other than that, I like them in these Reese’s Cup Cookies!
Perfect little cookies with my favorite frozen treat chopped up and spread throughout, it doesn’t get much better! You could do this with any candy though. Choose your favorite, freeze it, chop it up and toss.it.in. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups + 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 frozen large Reese's cups, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until almost combined.
- Add in the chopped Reese's cup pieces, and finish mixing.
- Scooping out 1-2 Tablespoons, roll in balls and slightly flatten as you place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, remove and allow to cool for 3-4 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
This delicious recipe brought to you by Fabtastic Eats!