These fabulous asian style meatballs went faster than you say ‘Asian Style Meatballs’! ha! I made these for the big game last weekend..they were gone in a flash! They were gone before the game even started…I heard some people complaining they only got a couple and when they went back for more there weren’t any! I had no idea they’d be that great!
I had been wanting to try these asian meatballs because I get tired of bbq or marinara based meatballs. These had such a great tangy twist to them! I was lucky enough to get about five of them..oooh did I savor every bite!
They’re such a great appetizer for any party! I will definitely be making these again! Not only are they fabulously delicious, but you can make the meatballs ahead of time, freeze them, and pull them out the day of the party, whisk together the sauce, (which took less than five minutes) and voila! An amazing appetizer that is sure to please!! Enjoy!!
For the Meatballs
- 2 lbs. ground pork or ground beef
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 cup Panko
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
For the Sauce
- 1 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine everything listed under the meatball ingredients. Using your hands, mix well.
- Start rolling out your meatballs. I made mini's, 1/2" to 1", (which made almost 50 meatballs)
- Place them on a large baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown on the outside.
- While your meatballs are in the oven, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients until well blended.
- Remove meatballs from the oven and add to sauce, gently toss to fully coat.
I kept mine in a crock pot on 'warm' all day, with a little bowl of toothpicks next to it, it worked perfectly and they didn't get cold!
Slightly Adapted from: Gimme Some Oven
This delicious recipe brought to you by Fabtastic Eats!