Unless you live in New England and are die-hard Patriots fans, there is no way you are as excited about the Superbowl as we are…we’ve been planning since the minute the Pats beat the Ravens last weekend…(man were we wishing we still lived in Baltimore during that game!) This game is HUGE…my fiance is has been running around all week like a giddy 16-year-old girl getting ready for her first prom! ha! Its been hilarious to say the least..but enjoyable to see him so excited about this!
I’m having so much fun seeing all the amazing super bowl snack suggestions from around the blogosphere, such as these, these, and ALL of these! Mini foods are so much fun, and they’re so cute! I hope you’re all preparing a fabulous Superbowl menu! If you are, you should definitely include these burgers! Oh.em.gee. These were phenomenal! I didn’t really have high expectations, but as soon as I heard the ‘Oh my God’s’ and ‘Holy shit, this is so good’ from my fiance and brother in the kitchen, I knew they were a perfect…as soon as I took a bite into mine, it was reaffirmed..these are fabulous! The caesar pesto is just like a caesar salad, but better, on top of a deliciously seasoned turkey burger, and the ciabatta bread really brings it all together!
If you don’t make these for the Superbowl, (imagine these as mini sliders!!) then you should definitely add these to your dinner rotation ASAP! You will be so happy! I can’t wait to make these again, and again……and again!
Turkey Burgers with Caesar Pesto
For the caesar pesto:
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, about 1 1/2 cups, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (this is a necessity, it really gives the pesto that caesar flavor! Only $2 at the grocery store)
- 3/4 cup Asiago cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 garlic cloves, grated
- Dash of black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons ground almonds (you can use pine nuts too!)
- 1/4- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
For the Burgers:
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Dash Salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Cibatta Rolls
- Tomatoes (optional)
- Lettuce (optional)
- For the pesto, combine all the ingredients with the exception of the olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until mostly purreed, add ther olive oil and pulse into a thick sauce. Transfer to a bowl and Set aside.
- Preheat a grill pan or skillet on medium high heat.
- Preheat broiler.
- For the burgers, combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix together. Form into patties.
- Cook patties in pan until cooked thoroughly, turning once.
- Rub olive oil over both halves of the cut ciabatta rolls, sprinkle a little Asiago cheese on one side of each.
- Broil until cheese is melted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Top with burger, caesar pesto, lettuce, and your choice of toppings!
- Serve & Swoon!!
Slightly Adapted from: Rachael Ray